If you need a delicious replacement for chicken in your recipes, then look no further than these vegan cutlets. The baking times may vary a bit depending upon how crispy you want your final product, but regardless of the outside, I love the substantial texture of these cutlets and they have a subtle salty flavor that is reminiscent of the real thing. Most of the cook time involved with this recipe is hands-off.
CHICK’N STYLE SEITAN CUTLETS [VEGAN]
- 1 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 2 tbsp chick’n seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 3/4 cup veggie broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or Bragg’s amino’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a measuring cup, mix together the broth and soy sauce. Add the wet to the dry and mix until moistened.
- Knead the dough for 3 minutes or so until the gluten strands start to form. Separate the dough into 6 pieces and shape each of them into an oblong cutlet.
- Place each cutlet onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Turn them over and bake another 20 minutes, or until the cutlets are golden brown on each side.
- Let cool and serve!